Verdicts & Settlements
Statistics show that most cases settle before going to trial. However, it is imperative that your lawyer be motivated, prepared, experienced, and willing to go to trial on your behalf if necessary. In order to maximize your recovery, every case must be prepared as if it were going to trial. Les Pittman is proud to have successfully represented numerous individuals, families, and businesses over the years with excellent results. The following is a brief summary of some of the cases he has handled:
- Confidential settlement – Motorcycle Accident. Former American Serviceman was seriously injured when his motorcycle was forced off the roadway by an 18-wheeler.
- $7,000,000 verdict – Wrongful Death. An 89 year old nursing home resident, who was a known fall risk, was allowed to fall from her bed and hit her head on a concrete floor, which resulted in her death. The insurance company offered only $250,000 to settle prior to trial.
- $2,000,000 settlement – Wrongful Death. Teenage boy was killed in a car accident when the vehicle he was riding in was rear ended by an 18 wheeler.
- $970,000 settlement – Motorcycle Accident. Former U.S. Army Ranger was seriously injured when his motorcycle collided into the side of an 18-wheeler which had just run a red light.
- $950,000 settlement – Wrongful death. Nursing home resident died from sepsis, which resulted from bedsores.
- $900,000 settlement – Injury/Assault. Nursing home resident with dementia was sexually assaulted by a person who was visiting another resident. Psychiatrist for nursing home testified in his deposition that plaintiff was mentally capable of giving consent. We disagreed.
- $500,000 settlement – Dram Shop/Wrongful Death. Policy limits settlement against a lounge, whose employee continued to serve alcohol to a man who was visibly intoxicated. After leaving the lounge, the drunk man got into his car and collided with a van on the interstate, killing the driver and injuring his wife.
- $350,000 settlement – Wrongful Death. Industrial worker was killed when run over by a front end loader.
- $325,000 settlement – Dog Attack. Lady was attacked by a large Rottweiler while visiting someone’s home. The dog, which had previously attacked another person, bit off a substantial portion of her nose. Several surgeries were required to repair the damage.
- $300,000 settlement – Bad Faith. A truck driver injured his shoulder and back while on the job. Insurance company denied his medical benefits claiming the back injury was not related to the on the job injury, even though three doctors said it was.
- $280,000 verdict – Car/Truck Accident. 18 wheeler hit a car driven by a mother and her 2 children, causing injury.
- $200,000 settlement – Car Accident. Family of 4 was returning from a trip to Disneyworld when they struck a disabled vehicle in the middle of the interstate. Mother suffered a fractured hip.
- Confidential settlement – Dog Attack. Lady sustained disfiguring injuries as a result of being attacked by neighbors pit bulls in her own yard.